The black sheep usually doesn't follow the crowd because every once in a while, the crowd is literally going the wrong way in mass

Image
 The black sheep usually doesn't follow the crowd because every once in a while, the crowd is literally going the wrong way in mass   The black sheep usually doesn't follow the crowd because every once in a while, the crowd is literally going the wrong way in mass  It takes a black sheep to stand out and say, 'Hey, I think we're headed off a cliff here!' They may be labeled as outcasts or rebels, but in reality, they're the ones who are brave enough to challenge the status quo and forge their own path. Let's celebrate the black sheep in our lives - the ones who inspire us to think differently, to question the norms, and to embrace our individuality.

Demetia (De-Meet-Ah) Hopkins-


 Demetia (De-Meet-Ah) Hopkins-

Demetia (De-Meet-Ah) Hopkins-Greene, 29, began her career at age 4, when she started training at her





 uncle’s studio in Virginia. Although she practiced jazz, ballet, hip-hop, tap, and even Irish step, ultimately landing an eight-year tenure dancing with the Alvin Ailey Dance Companies, she’d never dabbled in nude dancing until she was approached by famed photographer Jordan Matter for a book project known as Dancers After Dark.Here’s how the self-proclaimed introvert found herself posing naked in the middle of New York City’s Fifth Avenue.

You’ve never modeled naked before, so what made you agree to do it?
The opportunity came to me around the same time I was considering leaving Alvin Ailey to spend less time traveling, and Jordan Matter’s mission statement really spoke to me: It said, “take the leap and the net will appear.” I felt like taking this leap could help bring me a step towards being a little braver and bolder in my career.

But I was still unsure about posing naked — as an introvert, it's not in my character and it's not something I ever thought I’d do — but I went out with a group of Alvin Ailey dancers who'd agreed to pose for Jordan's nude night series just to help hold the lights and supervise their form. Throughout the night, I was so inspired by watching how brave everyone was and how comfortable they were with their bodies that I decided to do a pose. As dancers, we’re so hard on the way we look and constantly critiquing ourselves. Dance is so personal, with your body being part of the art. It was just so empowering to see all of these artists bare themselves. My first shoot was in a quiet courtyard in Paris with another dancer and a rose, which didn’t make it into Jordan’s book.Were you really 100 percent naked?
I was totally naked, no nipple covers or anything. I didn’t give Jordan any rules about what to photograph, but he did give me the freedom to pick my pose, so I chose to jump in a way that would cover me.

Logistically, how does a nude public photo shoot work?
I go fully dressed wearing a long coat. Once we choose the location, Jordan and his team sets up the lighting, we practice the pose, and within 15 or 20 minutes, we’re ready to take the shot. For the New York City photo you see in the book, we shot outside a hotel where the doorman there let me get undressed right inside. I went out wearing nothing but my winter coat and boots. When Jordan was ready, I stripped, kicked off my boots, and ran toward the spot where lighting was set up. It was cold out there, so I did as many jumps as I could in 30 seconds to give Jordan as many shots as he could grab, and then ran back to put my boots and coat back on while he looked at the shots he got. I probably did that about three times, and three more times when we went out to recreate the moment to make this video:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clifford Hoyt, 31, suffered serious injuries in a car accident in 1999.

See how topless woman was killed after hanging out of car window (Photos/Video)

ADULTERESS STRIPPED NAKED AND BEATEN IN BUSY SHOPPING CENTRE